Friday, December 28, 2012

My Must Have HG Skincare Product

Hello ladies!

I know it's been months since my last post but school has really taken up all my time :[. It sucks being a student sometimes, especially since stress and lack of sleep can cause some major skin problems such as breakouts and dark circles. However, I've found my absolute holy grail product for breakouts! It is by the brand Alpha Hydrox which uses alpha hydroxy acids in many of their products. I know, acids sound like scary things to be putting on your face right? No worries, these are usually derived from fruits containing glycolic acid and are used as gentle exfoliants for the face. They can reduce wrinkles, remove dead skin cells, and even out skintone. The product I will be raving about today is the Enhanced Lotion with 10% Glycolic AHA.
10% is a pretty high concentration of AHA so if you have sensitive skin, it might be in your best interest to find a product with a smaller concentration. My skin is tough, however, so I can handle 10%. This particular product is specified for those with dry skin, but I did not pay much attention to that part and bought it anyways. It still works fine for those of us with oily skin because I just use it at night so any stickiness does not really bother me. They do have other AHA products for other skin types. I would suggest using the Oil Treatment 10% Glycolic AHA if you have oily, acne-prone skin. Now I'll start raving about the benefits of this product.

It has really helped tame my acne-prone skin. Within a week of using it, the number of pimples disappeared, and even during that time of the month, my acne is still relatively under control. It has lightened and evened out many of my acne scars, especially those on my chin. There are still many areas around my forehead that still have noticeable hyperpigmentation, so I might try out the skin lightener by the same brand. It has helped to make my face soft and smooth, and it really let my skin glow. I do warn you that it does take a while to absorb and will be sticky which is why I use it at night. VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Use sunscreen during the day because AHA's make your skin more susceptible to sun damage, so do not forget to protect your skin! Although, you really should be doing that everyday anyways ;).

I use this at night, after I cleanse my face and use my toner, then I apply my serums and moisturizer. I highly suggest this product to anyone with acne scars, dark spots, acne-prone skin, or uneven skin texture. I can't say much for the anti-wrinkle purposes of this product since I don't really have wrinkles yet (haha), but I am using this as my wrinkle prevention. Stay pretty girlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment