Thursday, July 19, 2012

St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub

I purchased this scrub about 2 weeks ago for a low, low price of $0.97!!! It's only the travel size, but the amount (1 fl oz) is plenty for me to use for a while and it costs less than a dollar! I'd say that's a pretty good deal ;].

About this product: This claims to reduce redness and fight free radicals. It has 1% salicylic acid and 100% natural green tea. It also claims to fight acne. So green tea is a wonderful natural thing that is so good for your health and your skin. I love drinking it and I especially love using green tea skin products, so this scrub is absolutely lovely. Green tea has lots of antioxidants that fight free radicals which can age skin and produce wrinkles (no one wants that!). This scrub also has olive oil and olive leaf extract which provide moisture and gentle cleansing. The exfoliating beads are silica which is from sand.

What I think: This scrub is really amazing for such a low price. It gently exfoliates my face and it really does clear the redness. I had minimal breakouts due to hormones and this product really helped reduce the redness around my nose and forehead. The green tea smell is really nice and it smells so relaxing and natural. The salicylic acid doesn't really do much to help my acne, but that's because I need some strong benzoyl peroxide in order to notice a change in my acne. It's a bit too rough to use everyday. I tried that and when I used my normal AcneFree facewash, it burned my face a little :[. So if you have sensitive skin, then I suggest using this every once in a while. It has really helped with clearing out blackheads on my nose. I barely have any now! It doesn't dry out my skin. Instead, it leaves it feeling so soft, refreshed, clean, and smooth. I love this product and I suggest it to pretty much everyone! Stay gorgeous girlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment